Dogs are wonderful pets. They’re loyal, goofy, cuddly, and they absolutely love to spend time with their humans. It’s no wonder that they’ve developed a reputation as being man’s best friend!
However, some dogs really know how to make people smile. These 20 photos of dogs living their best lives are proof of just how special these animals can be. You’ll definitely be grinning by the time you’re done checking them out…
1. Dogs aren’t usually allowed inside of Disney parks, but the staff will make exceptions for service dogs. It’s a good thing they do, too, because it’s clear that meeting his canine hero is all this one pup ever wanted!
2. Everybody has a favorite treat, and they’ll do anything once that familiar craving strikes. For dogs, that favorite food is, well… every single food there is. For this pup, however, it’s all about hot dogs!
3. This wiener dog doesn’t actually have the ability to take flight and soar through the air, but looking at this photograph you’d never know it! Good job, Super Pup! You’re keeping our parks free of errant tennis balls.
4. Ever wonder what dogs dream about? Looking at this sleeping puppy’s face, it’s clear that whatever is going on inside of his head is absolutely adorable. Check out that precious grin. He’s probably chasing little squirrels!
5. Unicorns might be fictional creatures, but take heart that magic still exists—you just have to know where to look for it! Behold: in deepest suburbia, seated upon the sacred wicker chair, we present the unipug!
6. How do you make a sweet-faced chocolate Labrador mix even more adorable than she already is? Why, place a beautifully prepared flower crown upon her little head, of course! Spring is in the air!
7. “Your lipstick? You mean that delicious-looking red stuff that comes in tube? The same stuff that smells like strawberries but tastes like wax, not that I would know? Nope, I have no idea where it went. Sorry!”
8. As if this photograph of a doggo enjoying some time inside of an empty bathtub wasn’t cute enough, wait until you hear why she’s there. It turns out she just gave birth to a litter of puppies—and she’s hiding from them in order to catch a couple of winks!
9. We’ve all been there. We know that we should get outside, enjoy the sun, and get some exercise. We know that it will make us feel better to chase around a ball or bark at the mailman. But, sometimes, we just want to take it easy in the grass!
10. They say that fences make the best neighbors, but these two dogs couldn’t disagree more. They might not share the same back yard, but that doesn’t keep them from expressing their affection for one another in the sweetest way!
11. There’s “content,” there’s “happy,” there’s “totally ecstatic,” and then there is… whatever plane of existence this dog has been transported to! Whatever has this dog on cloud nine, we will take eight more of it.
12. A rose by any other name would smell as sweet, or at least, that’s what this very poetic bulldog must be thinking! This breed is known for being stubborn, slow-moving, and very loyal. But who knew these pups also had such a penchant for botany (and prose)?
13. It’s impossible not to be pleased with yourself when you’ve managed to tame your mane into something eye-catching, but this pooch—and his expression—has to take the cake. His “floof” is perfect, and he knows it!
14. These two take “cute” to a whole new dimension! They’re fluffy, bright-eyed, and just check out those goofy grins. You can tell that nothing makes them happier than spending time together.
15. For a long time, this poor little guy wasn’t able to run around and play like other dogs. But then his owners found a way to help him move more freely. Now, there’s nothing stopping him!
16. What’s even better than an adorable dog to hang out with? An adorable dog who can also iron your clothes! This guy certainly seems to be making strides. Somebody might want to explain that he’s got to plug it in first, though.
17. Not only is this pooch an expert when it comes to balancing things on her head, but she’s also managing to resist the urge to eat up all that tasty watermelon! At least, not before her owner snaps this photo…
18. Many dogs are known for their sense of duty and for being family-friendly pets. They’re especially great with babies—and that sentiment applies to baby sheep, too! This pooch is one great babysitter.
19. Sometimes, when you’re having a particularly bad day, you just have to grin and bear it. Sure, this dog might not actually have a lot of stress in his life—he’s a dog, after all!—but he’s definitely taking that advice to heart.
20. Cheetahs in captivity are known to suffer from anxiety, so they’ll often be paired with their own service dogs—and they’ll play with each other as if they’re siblings. Who says that cats and dogs can’t ever get along?
Ben Franklin is often quoted as saying that “beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.” That might be true for some people, but for animal-lovers, it’s gotta be dogs!
Share these adorable dogs with your friends below!