Raising a pet always has its challenges, but ultimately it’s a rewarding endeavor. To watch a puppy or kitten grow into a well-trained, loving adult pet not only gives you a feeling of pride, but knowing that they’re happy is gratifying in itself.
These 26 before and after pictures are testament to the effects a loving home has on a cat. Whether they were adopted as kittens or rescued from bad situations, these kitties grew into happy, healthy adults!
1. There’s nothing better than growing up together!
Reddit / tMoneyMoney
2. They may be older, but they still love being tucked in just as much as ever!
i iz cat
3. Once you’ve found the perfect spot, it’s hard to give it up!
Reddit / Funkadoo
4. They may not look much alike, but these sisters stick together!
5. There’s nothing better than your own bed…apparently even if you outgrow it!
6. This cool kitty has always loved just hanging out!
Imgur / arpak
7. Her lifelong dream of becoming a photographer never went away!
Reddit / CptMad
8. He grew into that sofa quite nicely!
9. The “if I fits, I sits,” mentality never goes away!
10. Sometimes they never stop giving you sass, no matter how much love you give them!
11. Somebody has loved that couch for a long time!
Reddit / computerhater
12. He keeps getting older, but the sink stays the same size…
Reddit / exitthewarrior
13. Awww! I can’t even!
14. This kitty’s creative spirit just keeps growing!
Reddit / starsspinningdizzy
15. These siblings have never grown apart!
Imgur / arieljena
16. Why look at cats on the internet when she’s been right there the whole time?
Reddit / boothin
17. There are some things you never outgrow!
Reddit / Banditkill
18. Pancake had a bad accident as a kitten, but she grew up into a beautiful cat!
Reddit / simba25
19. Who ever said you have to put away childish things when you grow up?
Reddit / mananimalterl
20. Why get a new toy when you’ve got a favorite toy?
i iz cat
21. Somebody takes up a little more room than they used to!
22. This rescue kitten grew into quite the adorable cat!
23. Three never has to be a crowd!
24. One year made a huge difference for Walter the cat!
Reddit / TheDudeAmI
25. This little guy was abandoned in a gutter at just two weeks old. He looks a lot better these days!
Reddit / biodigital
26. This precious fluff ball was so much happier after being adopted!
Reddit / nikitaraqs
Aww, these guys are the cutest! There’s just nothing better than raising a happy, well-adjusted cat!
Share these adorable pictures with your friends below!