Sometimes it feels like dogs come in more shapes and sizes than any other species on the planet. For thousands of years, we’ve bred them to create new types of pooches with different-colored coats, skills, and even temperaments.
During most of history, purebreds were the peak of canine sophistication. But recently, certain mixed-breed dogs have started taking over. It’s as if everywhere you look, there’s a new breed on the rise that everyone can’t stop talking about!
And as you’re about to see, these mutts are far more adorable than any royal-blooded purebred. Get ready for 22 of the cutest crossbreeds!
1. Pitsky: A mix between a pit bull and husky, these dogs are perfect for anyone who loves huskies but lives in a warmer climate. Not only do they have the beautiful look, but their hair is short, meaning less grooming for you!
2. Golden Husky: A mix of a golden retriever and a husky, it’s easy to see why anyone could easily fall in love with these little guys. Just look at those bright eyes! You’re not going to find many everyday retrievers with baby blues like that.
3. Corgipoo: A cross between a toy poodle and a corgi, these little fellas have similar body structure to corgis, though their fur more closely resembles that of a poodle. They’re also noted for their roundish faces and their floppy ears.
4. Basset Pei: A mix of a basset hound and a Shar Pei, these undeniably unique dogs are sure to grab your attention. These pups are regarded for their often playful demeanor that can easily transform into a protective nature, too.
5. Schörgi: A cross between a corgi and a Sheltie. Like corgis, these little guys have a curious and adventurous nature, but they can also be rather efficient herders, too. As descendants of Shelties, it’s in their blood after all.
6. German Chow: A mix of a Chow Chow and a German shepherd, these loyal dogs are definitely little (mid-sized) balls of energy. When you least expect it, they’ll come up to you and beg for you to pay attention to them.
7. Schnoodle: A hybrid of a Schnauzer and poodle, these pups are known for their protective demeanors. Completely obedient to their owners, they often think they’re bigger than they are and go after any potential threats.
8. Bullpug: As a hybrid of the English bulldog and a pug, these dogs are regarded for their incredibly strong bodies. While bulldogs were originally bred to catch bulls (really!), you won’t find this hybrid doing much more than lounging around and relaxing.
9. Siborgi: A mix between a Siberian husky and a corgi, these beautiful dogs are known for their adventurous spirit as well as their affinity to go on long walks with their humans. But don’t look to them as a watch dog; they don’t have an aggressive bone in their bodies!
10. Bulldog shepherd: A hybrid of the English bulldog and the German shepherd, these dogs are known to be shedders. But if you don’t mind grooming, then you’re in for a treat, because they’re especially loyal companions to their humans.
11. German Pei: This is a mix between a German shepherd and a Shar Pei. Not only do these big guys make great watch dogs, but they’re also loyal companions who like to kick back and enjoy a relaxing night with their humans.
12. Pomski: People can’t help but fawn over this hyrbrid of a Pomeranian and a husky. It’s safe to say that, if you have an affinity for the look of a husky but the temperament and size of a Pomeranian, then this is the pup for you!
13. Cocker Pei: Those looking for a loyal pup should check out the hybrid of a Shar Pei and a cocker spaniel. Furthermore, they get along great with other pets. The more the merrier!
14. German beagle: Even though German is in the name of this mix between a beagle and a German shepherd, don’t be fooled—they’re not of German descent whatsoever. They are, however, noted for their playful and loyal demeanor.
15. Yorkipoo: People can’t help but compare the hybrid of a Yorkshire terrier and a poodle to the Ewoks from Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi. Just look at that scruffy head of fur and adorable face! What’s not to love, right?
16. Sheporgi: This hybrid of a German shepherd and a corgi might not be the most well-known crossbreed in the bunch, but rest assured, they’re every bit as loving and devoted to their humans as any other breed.
17. Chug: As one might expect, the cross between a pug and a chihuahua can produce wildly different results. Some owners have claimed they’re extremely relaxed and playful, while others mention they’re energetic and loud.
18. Dachsation: Just look at the floppy ears on this hybrid between a Dalmatian and a dachshund! Not only are they undeniably adorable, but they’re loyal to their humans and they just love to play!
19. Chusky: It should go without saying, but if you walk down the street with this fluffy cross between a Chow Chow and a husky, you’re going to get some funny looks from strangers. They may look like bears, but they’re much friendlier.
20. Dalcorgi: You’ll be seeing spots everywhere with this mix between a corgi and a Dalmatian. If you love the look of Dalmatians, but prefer the size of a corgi, then you’ve found your next pup!
21. Golden dachshund: Can you think of a more friendly and inviting crossbreed than that of a golden retriever and a dachshund? Go ahead and try, but you’re not going to think of one. They’re so sweet!
22. Cheagle: Would you just look at the ears on this mix between a chihuahua and a beagle! Can’t you just imagine those flopping all around while this little guy trots around your home? That’s what dog dreams are made of.
These dogs are so cute, and their names are funny to boot. Obviously, you don’t have to be a purebred to be adorable!
Share these special dog crossbreeds with your friends below!