As a member of a household, there’s a good chance you have the final say in the rules that apply in and around your home. This doesn’t just go for the rules that apply to your children, but those that apply to your pets, as well. At least, that’s the way it’s supposed to be…
Everyone knows that, for better or worse, while the members of a family typically all speak the same language, we don’t have the same luxury with our pets. So, no matter what rules you may set, they’ll find a way to ignore them. Even if you think you’ve trained them well, animals will find a way to fight the system.
Take, for instance, these 20 bad-to-the-bone animals couldn’t care less about the rules. They weren’t afraid to let their owners know that the rules don’t apply to them!
1. Good luck training your bunny rabbit to run an obstacle course. “Here comes Peter Cotton Tail, hopping down the bunny trail. Is that a barrier in the way? I break through barriers. NO RULES!”
2. If you think you’re going to outsmart an animal, think again. This camouflage-capable squid was placed in front of an array of different colors, but that’s when he decided to play a trick of his own. You can’t hold him down!
3. You simply cannot cage an animal that wants to be free. Rest assured, they’ll find a way to escape under any circumstance. “Pay no attention to the dog inside this cage. Nothing to see here. Kindly move along, sir!”
4. To be fair, this kitten is only following directions from his own mother telling him to jump over the pet gate. It’s as if she told the little guy, “Remember: just because your human doesn’t want you to go into the kitchen, doesn’t mean you shouldn’t.”
5. This person sent their dog into the back yard because he was standing on their dining room table while she was cooking dinner. “This will teach you to invest in outdoor furniture, human. I was born to climb, and that’s what I’m going to do.”
6. You can spend all the money in the world on animal repellent products, but that won’t do anything to fight off a determined bird. This little guy must be thinking, “Oh, the QB-4 Ultrasonic Bird Reppeler? Yeah, I’ve heard of it. It’s for the birds.”
7. You probably had high hopes of getting your hamster in tip-top shape when you gave him his own exercise wheel, but you never expected this. Sure, he’s exercising, but he’s also very, very dumb.
8. It looks like someone really doesn’t believe that their cats and dogs can coexist with one another. “Who cares? I take risks because I’ve got nine lives. Anyway, those rules really only apply to humans. I’ll pet whoever I want!”
9. If you teach your animals to do something one way, you can rest assured they’ll ignore you. “I just wanted to prove that Saturday you spent installing the cat door was a total waste of time. Watch what I can do…”
10. Repeatedly telling your pet not to do something is only going to make them want to do it more. “Oh really, you think you can stop me from knocking this off the table? Sorry, you don’t control me.”
11. Maybe this little oddball just wanted to see things from a different perspective for once.”You laugh because I’m different, but I laugh because you’re all the same. Plus, everything looks a lot cooler when you’re upside-down!”
12. They say you have to be the change you want to see in the world. Looks like this dog is doing everything in her power to gain an all-access pass to whatever she darn well pleases. Can’t fault her for that triumphant spirit!
13. Sometimes you just have to push the limits and break the rules a little bit. Not only is this cat not supposed to be on the kitchen counter, but she’s not even allowed to be on the barstool. “What are you going to do about it? Take a picture, it’ll last longer.”
14. This cat is paving the way for a brighter future for all felines. Look at that stoic face. “You can take your stupid societal boundaries and stuff them in a sack. I’m going to sit wherever I want and there’s nothing you can do to stop me.”
15. Give a bird a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a bird to fish and he’ll find a place where he’s not allowed to fish and do it there anyway. “Catch me if you can, I’ll just fly away to another place.”
16. Whoever said that cats can’t learn to read had better think again. Perhaps, their greatest achievement is pretending they don’t have the mental capacity to learn to read. “I’ll just blame it on the family dog.”
17. He’s only lost if he feels that way. “Look, I’m on a sabbatical, is all. I just need a little time away to get my priorities straight. I was even thinking about utilizing this time to teach myself to read. I heard it can be very useful.”
18. You can’t really expect a mountain goat to not climb everything in sight. That’s like asking a bird not to use its wings. “Ain’t no mountain high enough, ain’t no valley low enough… to keep me from breaking the rules!”
19. “Here’s my thinking. If I eat the sign, then the sign no longer exists. Then, how can they stop me from eating? I know, I know, I’m brilliant.” Sometimes, acting like a total rebel results in a very tasty payoff.
20. This tortoise can’t really use the excuse that he didn’t have enough time to weigh the options in regards to breaking the law. It must’ve taken him about an hour to climb that fence. “You’ve been struck by a slow criminal.”
So much for setting rules around the house! If there’s anything to learn, it’s that if there are rules in place, animals will find a way to break them.
Share these hilarious animal photos with your friends below!