Historical photos don’t always come with the proper context, and sometimes that makes them great — you can use your imagination to figure out what might have been happening when the picture was snapped.
That said, some old photos are just downright spooky no matter what the story is behind them. These photos are not only confusing and creepy, but they just might haunt your dreams for the next few days. Consider yourself warned.
1. Okay, so this may or may not be Coven goals, depending on how you look at it…
2. A scene from Don Corleone’s garden.
3. Something’s not quite right…
4. Sworn to secrecy.
5. Let’s all join hands…
6. Was it, though? Was it really?
7. That’s not suspicious at all.
8. Just another Sunday brunch.
9. We don’t think he approves.
10. Behold: the human pantry.
11. Tourists are frightening, no matter where you are.
12. Seth Green? Is that you?
13. These twins are scarier than the sisters from The Shining.
14. When you see it…
15. It’s important for ghosts to stay abreast of the latest fashion trends. (Hint: prints are in.)
16. You might want to see a doctor for that, kid.
17. We always knew our algebra teachers were evil!
18. This could’ve been an effect from the camera, but we’re not going to chance it.