As the saying goes, “dogs have owners; cats have servants.” And oh, how very true those words are. Cat owners, although thoroughly in love with those little feline rascals, can most certainly attest that their beloved balls of meow choose when they feel like giving a darn about the hand that feeds them… and when they want to just curl up in a ball and snooze away.
Even if cats do act like they’re better than every other species, they’re prone to the same clumsiness. Just because you hold your head up high and strut your stuff like royalty doesn’t mean you’ll skate through life without ever having an embarrassing moment or two. These cats proved that in hilarious fashions!
1. Here’s a word to the wise: when the sunshine is blasting through the window, and you need to tweak those shades so your eyes stop burning, never let your cat attempt the task.
2. “Maybe if I just put my paw through like this, and then squeeze my face through like this…” No matter how this little guy works it, he’s not fitting through this fence. Just find the guy with the key!
3. Feeling fresh and clean after a bath should put a smile on a face, not cause this horrified look! Maybe this cat just realized there was no towel available, and now he’s gotta leave a sudsy trail throughout the whole house.
4. All this cat wanted to do was dig out some sweet jams from the CD case and pump some nostalgic ’90s tunes. But, instead of grooving to “Ice, Ice, Baby,” he got a lid stuck on his head.
5. This cat is either terrified that he’s on a floating island with no help in sight, or he’s furious his mojito is all the way at the other end of the pool. Nothing says summer like a cold cocktail and an angry cat.
6. Who knows what rock climbing gym this cat’s been going to, but his hard work is definitely paying off; those biceps must be strong as steel! If he can hold out just a bit longer, he’ll be in the clear.
7. When you bring a bean bag chair into a home with a curious cat, you can pretty much expect this to be the eventual outcome. Hopefully, the cat likes the vacuum because that’s the prescription for this problem.
8. It’s all fun and games until kitty needs a Dasani water and this happens. How is there even enough slack in that plastic to fit a whole cat? Just make sure he doesn’t get taken out with the recycling.
9. Hey, if you’re not willing to deal with the shower afterward, you should probably rethink whatever messy activity you’re involving yourself in. It’ll all be over soon, little buddy.
10. This little fella went cushion swimming, and now he needs a lifeguard! This should be a rule of thumb to other cats out there: couch surf on cushions without trenches only.
11. Much like the delicate model ships that rest in bottles, this guy was folded up and carefully inserted into the glass. One quick yank of the tail and he’ll expand to his full size and shape!
12. How’s anyone supposed to get the landscaping done with this trouble maker around? Cats and yard work go together just about as well as oil and vinegar. But hey, this is cuter.
13. “Incomiiiiiiiiiing!” Imagine opening up your porch blinds to see this frantic feline clinging on for dear life. It makes you wonder what’s happening in that backyard to spook her so much. Is ol’ Fido the dog roaming free?
14. Well, that’s not at all how a slinky works! To his credit, he’s not trying to chew it, which is probably what most cats would do. Just guide him to a set of stairs and show him how magical those toys actually are.
15. This vending machine is incredible! For just a few measly dollars you can get a Twix bar, Juicy Fruit gum, and a brand new kitten! Hopefully, the machine also sells cat food.
16. If you press your face closer to the screen, you’ll be able to see the outside world even clearer. This cat thought he saw some activity outside his window, so he had to make sure he got a reeeeal close look.
17. Looks like someone went out shopping and found a sale on cats! They must have had a two-for-one coupon, and thank goodness! How could anyone feel content with just one of those adorable faces roaming around?
18. “I’m feeling totally tubular, dude!” This guy’s owner better make sure the next time they bring along this sleeping bag sack it actually contains the sleeping bag and not their mischievous friend.
19. Campbell’s might want to take note of this photo and start a new marketing campaign geared towards cats. They clearly love their products! Maybe make a mice-flavored soup?
20. “Look out! It’s a shark!” This picture was captured at the purr-fect moment. When Steven Speilberg filmed Jaws, he wished he captured fear like this in the faces of his actors. This is natural talent.
21. This is a prime example of why having two cats and a papier-mâché room divider may not be the most cost-effective idea. The good thing is papier-mâché won’t set you back nearly as much as glass.
22. An unexpected visitor just showed up to this woman’s yoga session, and he was not pleased. She may be performing the down-dog position, but this cat came in hot with his cat-attack pose! Me-ouch!
23. Take a look at this sinister little plan. Maybe this is payback for something his owner did, or maybe he just has a wicked sense of humor? Let’s hope the person who owns those shoes checks them before putting them on!
24. Looks like it’s time to invest in a new shower curtain! This little guy thought he could put some of his interior decorating skills to work. He obviously adheres to the “less is more” mindset.
25. Someone needs to let this cat know it’s chickens that need to keep their eggs warm after they’re laid. Maybe he’s hoping one hatches so he has a new little buddy to play with around the house?
26. This cat couldn’t care less that she just plopped right down on top of so many hours of hard work and concentration. It’s far more important she receives her nightly back rub, of course! They wouldn’t have finished the puzzle that night anyway…
27. What could possibly be hiding at the bottom of this vase that has this cat so intrigued? Maybe it’s nothing at all, and he’s just trying to help his owner tend to their kitchen decor the only way he knows how: take a deep dive in and see what he can find.
28. This cat looks like she just realized she’ll be getting a big lump of coal in her stocking for Christmas this year because of her naughty behavior. Looks like not everyone is cheerful around the holiday season!
29. This was the result of an epic bathroom showdown between this cat and a roll of toilet paper. As you can see, the cat didn’t hold back, and he proudly displayed the end the result of his victory!
30. So here’s the culprit who’s been sneaking out every night and leaving the door open. This mischievous little kitty was caught red-handed while making an escape attempt. Time to install a deadbolt!
31. Uh-oh! Someone’s having a rather “crumby” day. This cat wanted to make sure when his owner got home from a long day’s work they still had a little more to do before they could kick back and relax!
32. “Is anyone home? Guys?” Clearly, no one was paying attention to this little climber while he was standing patiently on the ground, so he hoped jumping up to eye level would produce a better result!
33. This cat is one heck of a daredevil! She could be a stuntwoman for action movies with moves like that. Maybe she could be a stunt double on the set of the new movie, The Cats and the Curious!
34. This little fella somehow found a secret entrance that led inside the wall. Luckily there was a hole just big enough for him to pop his head through and give his owners a big surprise. “It’s me!”
35. It would take nerves of steel and uncanny balance to perch yourself on top of a satellite dish, and this kitty clearly has both of those things in spades. Maybe this will help her homeowner access that new Cat Planet channel…
36. There’s nothing quite like a bed made of hot cheese and marinara sauce. Hopefully, the people who bought the pizza don’t mind having an extra seasoning on their leftovers: cat hair and dander!
37. This funny feline either knows how to levitate and floated his way onto the light shade, or he somehow scaled a completely vertical door and jumped from the top. Now that he made it to his destination, he looks like he regrets his decision.
38. This dinner table was all set for company, but one member of the family needed to make sure they got the best seat in the house: smack dab in the middle of the table! Who needs bread in the bread basket when you have this guy to keep you company?
39. “Hey, I showed up because I heard there’d be a mouse somewhere? Were you lying to me?” This cat’s not happy he was misled about the mouse, so he’s taking away Internet privileges for the night.
40. On a sweltering summer day, you want to make sure your air conditioning vents are free of any blockages so you can enjoy the cool breeze. However, if you have this kitty roaming your home, he’s going to happily hog as much AC as he can.