Pets are more like people than we think. Just like their human counterparts, our furry family members have no problem showing us when they feel loved… and when they’re mad at us.
When things didn’t go as planned for these kitties and pups, they weren’t shy about letting their owners know how they really felt. Caught hamming it up for the camera, these hilarious pets wore their human-like emotions right on their sleeves.
1. This frightened flat-faced cutie — you know, the second pup in who looks like she just saw her life flash before her eyes — is questioning what on earth you signed her up for. This is not relaxing.
2. “We’re in this together, buddy.” These silly fluff-balls assumed they were being dragged to the dreaded vet, obviously comforting each other in preparation for the nightmare that was to come. Little did the doggos know, they were actually taking a trip to the dog park!
3. “Act natural.” Listen, they said they don’t know who did it or what even happened here. If you’re asking us, these are the two most innocent little mutts we ever did see. They deserve some good-boy-pats.
4. Stab him in the back why don’t you? This kitty seems to not only feel jealous, but downright betrayed by his beloved human family member. Exclusion hurts, and so do a scorned cat’s claws.
Give It Love
5. His face says it all. The deception, the mendacity. This poor pup was so unimpressed by his owner’s devious scheme to bathe him, and his refusal to hide it has us chuckling.
Give It Love
6. Here’s a traumatizing experience that surely led to an identity crisis. Is he a dog or a unicorn? Or rather some strange, hybrid breed reminiscent of a centaur? Either way, he looks pretty peeved.
Give It Love
7. “This is embarrassing, Karen.” Pet owners love forcing their pets to dress up in miscellaneous animal costumes for Halloween, which almost always produces hilarious results. This poor Corgi is absolutely done with parading around as a lobster.
8. She has had enough. You don’t even want to hear about this kitty’s stressful day at work. She just needs a beer and a trash-filled episode of The Real Housewives to properly unwind.
9. So close, yet so far. This dog couldn’t even fathom the fact that his owners had the nerve to remove him from a bacon-related scenario. You guys really did him dirty. Darn your delectable, savory bacon.
Give It Love
10. This panorama was taken straight from hell. What was originally supposed to be a cute in-the-moment pic revealed itself to be pure nightmare fuel. He just wants to know what’s so gosh darn funny.
11. Well, it’s five o’clock somewhere. This dog would really prefer to enjoy a relaxing glass of merlot on the couch without your judging eyes on him. The pooch had a long day, give him a break!
12. “So you mean to tell me that this is not what the mysterious, shiny bowl is for?” This blonde husky looks pretty unbothered by the fact that he’s reposing in a stool pool, and we’re absolutely not shaming him for it.
13. A sparkling new kitten has clearly stolen the warm affection of this mongrel’s tiny human best friend. Despite her infatuation with the new family member, we think that the melancholy dog’s BFF hasn’t forgotten about him after all.
14. We have to say, it’s pretty admirable that this dog didn’t even attempt to cover up her blatantly destructive battle with couch pillows. It’s pretty obvious as to who won the battle.
15. “Oh, I didn’t expect you home so early!” Look at him, caught red-handed with his paws buried in shelves-worth of human food. This mutt better put down that bacon if he wants to be called a good boy.
16. The queen of “I didn’t do it,” takes the form of a mangy little mutt who’s just so hard to get truly mad at. We do expect her to clean up this horrid mess, however.
17. “George, do you think this is a joke? Where are my Beggin’ Strips?” Here Shiba Inu is absolutely not amused by these tiny green trees on his plate.
18. The moment he realized he wasn’t actually going to the park was the moment he lost faith in everything he ever knew. Was he even truly a good boy, or was it all a lie? Just thinking about the terrors of the vet had the poor pooch shaking.
19. Despite the fact that she’s all wrapped up in a warm towel, the terrors of bath time left a deep mark on this sweet Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. Just the mere sight of water will trigger the pup forever.
20. Yes, you have permission to devour this piece of “cake.” The pure shock and utter confusion on his face leads us to believe the hound was unaware that the cake was made of dog food. Either way, we know the meat cake was gone within one second of this picture being snapped.
21. While some cats and dogs are best friends, others can’t quite manage to get along. This dog is taking no chances when it comes to spying on the feline interloper who is currently sitting on his master’s lap.
22. This little dog, like many other canines, is terrified of thunderstorms. His favorite place to hide when the thunder starts? Inside of his owner’s bookcase. At least he’s surrounded by plenty of reading material to keep him busying until the storm passes.
23. Isn’t it supposed to be cats who are afraid of cucumber and squashes like this one? If that’s the case then apparently these two corgis never got the memo. Makes you wonder what vegetables ever did to them!
24. All dogs react a little bit differently when their owner turns on the vacuum. Some aren’t bothered, while others run and hide. This dog’s reaction to the dreaded device really takes the cake. Look at those eyes!
25. This little duckling is more than happy to be smiling and saying cheese for the camera. This soggy pooch, however, seems a little bit baffled and a lot aghast at the presence of this strange creature in his backyard.
26. In the wintertime there is nothing worse than putting your bare feet onto the cold ground. Now imagine how it feels for poor dogs! They have to sleep on the floor, after all. This dog is doing everything possible to avoid leaving his warm napping spot.
27. This big dog has been afraid of going down the stairs ever since he was a little puppy. He likes to lay down at the top of the stairs and look down, whimpering, hoping someone will carry him downstairs, the big chicken.
28. There’s getting stuck between a rock and a hard place and then there’s getting stuck between, well, a sink and a washing machine. Who knows what this dog was hunting back there, but he’s definitely regretting his choices now.
29. You might think that a big dog wouldn’t be afraid of anything, but that’s not always the case. This husky was so terrified by this much smaller dog that his owner had to pick him like a baby to “rescue” him from his tiny new friend.
30. The insidious vacuum strikes again! This dog has a funny way of escaping the vacuum. He waits until his owner crouches and then hops on her back, and hopefully, to safety! Not exactly a brilliant plan, but a very funny one.
31. This giant dog could easily overpower these four little kittens, but apparently he doesn’t know that. Instead he’s fled to a chair for safety, much like a lady jumping up on a stool in the presence of a mouse. The kittens seem curious!
32. When this family brought home a battery powered jumping sheep toy they had no idea that it would drive their dog to utter distraction. This dog gets so excited by the toy he can’t tell if he’s coming or going!
33. This cat looks eager to make friends with this dog, but he is too much of a nervous Nelly to even bother coming out onto the porch to say hello. “I’ll say hi from here,” he seems to be saying with his nervous expression.
34. Every dog has their favorite toy, but have you ever seen a dog respond so passionately to being presented with one? This pug can’t seem to handle her excitement when confronted with this chew toy. She’s like a teen at a One Direction concert.
35. The smile on this dog is proof that it isn’t just humans who feel absolutely amazing after taking a nice refreshing shower after a long day. Clearly that shampoo is doing wonders on his coat, too!
36. Looks like this goofy pet doesn’t know how to pose for the camera just yet! The family Christmas card is going to be quite the talk this year… Although we must say, that silly face may be better than a normal smile.
37. Wait… is that a lab or a strange, dog T-Rex? It sure looks he may be contemplating that exact thing in the deep end of this pool himself.