Woman’s Puppy Gets Himself In A Tricky Situation That Brings In The Authorities

Most responsible pet owners love their furred, scaled, or feathered friends with all their hearts, and why wouldn’t they? Animals are comforting, fun, and absolutely adorable. But as much as we love our pets, some animals are prone to get into more mischief than others.

Obviously we want to protect our babies from any foreseeable danger, but some are just born troublemakers. A dog-owner from China certainly got a scare when her curious pup landed himself in a serious predicament. After calling in the professionals, however, the nightmare only worsened…

This anonymous three-month-old Labrador puppy loved going on solo adventures throughout his home in Weining County, southwest China. They say curiosity killed the cat, but dogs are just as susceptible.

The little black lab lived in a two-story house with his loving owner, who often let her dog wander around the neighborhood. Unfortunately, one day while roaming, something very unsettling happened…

The wandering pooch didn’t come home. The woman called him and called him, but he never answered. That’s when she heard it… a strange noise coming from the walls.

The dog owner was frantic. She continued to call the dog’s name and heard more scrambling inside the walls. Then, she heard a bark and immediately called the Guizhou fire department, who came rushing over.

After carefully listening to the hopeless yelps, the rescuers realized the poor puppy was stuck in the chimney! Upon entering the fireplace on the second floor, the pooch fell down towards the first floor and was wedged in between.

While the puppy’s heartbreaking cries continued, the team of heroes began planning how to get him out of the kitchen walls — and quickly. They decided the only way to do so was to completely break it open.

The fireman had no choice but to use an ax to slowly break apart the tiles that covered the chimney. Guided by a flashlight, they had to very gently chip away the wall without hitting the puppy trapped inside of it.

After some careful and meticulous work on the outside of the chimney, the pup’s head began to appear. It was a huge relief to see that he was still alive and breathing, although it was unclear if he had sustained any injuries.

The puppy finally made it out of the enclosure! Although he was dirty and shaking from fear, he only suffered from a few scratches. The curious pup was stable, and maybe now he’ll grow up to be a firefighter, just like his rescuers!

The owner was overwhelmed with joy to have her baby safely back in her arms. She thanked the firefighters for coming to rescue the pup and for leaving minimal damage to her kitchen.

The last thing the firefighters said before they left was “go take a bath now, buddy!”, leaving the happy owner to clean the chimney ashes off of her pup and cuddle him for the rest of the day.

Although the situations vary, there are many known instances of dogs getting themselves stuck in unfortunate places. It’s not as dangerous as being trapped in a wall, but getting tangled up in a hammock can’t be fun either!

Dogs seem to forever be getting stuck in the oddest places! You’d think that a sofa would be safe, but that’s not always the case, especially when your skinny butt gets stuck between the cushions…

This dog thought that sneaking into the dishwasher to perform his own pre-rinse cycle was no big deal. What he didn’t plan for, however, was how the heck he would get out when he was done!

This sleepy boy was just looking for a place to rest his head on the long ride home. He had no idea that when he woke up, his head would remain firmly wedged between the seat and the door.

It’s fun to experiment with fashion if you’re a human being and know what body parts are meant for certain attire. For dogs though, an innocent Croc can make for a sticky situation…

This dog couldn’t wait to jump into a child’s swing during one visit to the park. Oh sure it’s all fun and games until you’re done swinging and have to get back out of the swing!

When this dog stuck his head into a bag of chips, the last thing he expected was to get caught in the act by his owner. Little did he know that the bag itself was a trap that would sell him out!

Sure, chairs might seem like a safe alternative, especially when you consider the dangers of a sofa (shudder!), but these dogs are proof that a dog can get stuck in just about anything.

Most dogs are more than happy to be saved from their predicaments, but not this pooch! While this sweet Shiba Inu was quite comfortable, another doggo wasn’t as comfy when a little mishap occurred subsequent to embarking on a squirrel hunt. Curiosity killed the cat!

Whenever our pets come in contact with wild critters, their excitement—and ancestral instinct—usually gets the best of them. Ten-year-old Jack, a Great Pyrenees dog from Pleasant View, Tennessee, was certainly no exception!

One afternoon, while Jack was sniffing around his owner’s yard, he spotted a squirrel. He and the squirrel locked eyes, and within seconds, they were off! Being the protective pooch that he was, Jack wasn’t about to let the little backyard intruder get away easily.

In no time at all, the squirrel led Jack to the outskirts of the property. Just as Jack was about to catch up, the squirrel darted into a dark hole in the ground—and Jack jumped in to follow. Little did he know the squirrel would have the last laugh.

See, this wasn’t just any hole in the ground that Jack ran into. It was actually a long and narrow culvert pipe that led underneath his family’s driveway. Before he knew it, Jack had wedged himself tightly inside with no way for him to get out!

Jack’s family, meanwhile, had gone outside to look for him when they heard whimpering at the end of their property. There he was in the pipe. Knowing there was no way to get him out on their own, they called animal control and the Pleasant View Volunteer Fire Department…

Jack was so far into the tunnel he was actually underneath the driveway, so rescuers brought in a backhoe to start digging into the ground. It was going to take a lot of manpower, but no one would stop until the goofy pooch was safe!

The process took hours of excavation with the backhoe. Not only did the machine need to dig through several feet of dirt, but it needed to break through a section of the cement driveway, as well. Luckily, the machine was getting the job done.

At last, the machine reached the culvert pipe. Now, it was time to try to carefully remove a section of the metal and pull the dog to safety. Everyone hoped it would be an easy rescue once they removed a section of the pipe…

A few of the rescuers hopped into the hole to determine the best course of action. One of the men had a pickax, but upon inspection, he realized the pickax wouldn’t have been enough to break through the pipe. That’s when another member of the crew pulled out a chainsaw…

The rescuer with the chainsaw slowly began slicing through the culvert pipe as far away from poor Jack as possible. They knew the pup would be terrified of the noise, but time was of the essence—without food, water, or proper airflow, he could die.

Once the crew sliced through the culvert pipe, they pulled back the metal—almost as if it was a flap—and ripped it off. The second step of the mission was complete! Still, however, Jack wasn’t free…

Now, it was time to dig away all of the dirt that surrounded the portion of piping they need to remove. With a little help from the pickax, they were able to expose much more of the pipe in no time. All the while, they could hear Jack whimpering and whining.

The process wasn’t all easy going, either. At one point, the team had to pull out some of the bushes surrounding the pipe. Even though Jack was deep inside, they wanted this rescue to be as safe as possible, and they couldn’t risk accidentally knocking over any trees onto the dog!

Finally, enough earth and bushes were removed for the team to safely lift out the biggest section of piping. The metal was extremely heavy, but they slowly tilted it up and carried it away. They were so close…

One of the members of animal control peered inside the pipe and saw Jack just a couple feet away! He reached his hand all the way in, grabbed hold of Jack’s rear end, and slowly pulled.

It took a little bit of tugging, but finally, Jack was free! It’d been hours since he first became stuck while chasing the squirrel, but animal control and the fire department came together to pull off the intricate rescue. Jack’s owners were so grateful!

The animal control worker who pulled out the canine said, “You could literally see the relief in his eyes.” Poor Jack had quite the harrowing experience, but he remained relatively calm the entire time, which made the rescue much easier.

Even though there were no visible wounds on Jack, and he seemed to be in good shape, the animal control officers still needed to bring him to the local veterinarian to ensure he was truly okay…

As soon as the ambulance arrived at the veterinarian’s office, Jack was inspected from head to tail for any broken bones or abrasions. Thankfully, after a thorough examination, he was given a clean bill of health and sent home!

What a rough day it was for Jack! He was fortunate everyone involved in his rescue was dedicated to saving him. One thing’s for sure, though: Jack just might think twice before chasing a squirrel down a mysterious hole ever again!

Recommended From Honest To Paws

Stay up to date on the
latest trending stories!

like our facebook page!